Sunday, April 7, 2013

I FIRED MY RHEUMY

This last week was supposed to be my 6 month check-up with my rheumatologist at the University. I cancelled my appointment and fired my rheumy. The last 3 appointments I had with her, she took the entire time trying to convince me to go on the biologic medicines I am trying so hard to avoid. My aunt took those meds, she still fused. Her back is one complete bone. A lot of good they did her, except to give her a bacterial infection she has never been able to get rid of. I think I will pass on those drugs until I have no other choice. If you are taking those kinds of drugs and they are working for you, I think that's wonderful. I'm just not willing to chance the side effects that come with it when I have other options that are working for me at the moment.

1 comment:

  1. So true! I finally went to see a Rheumy, and left disgusted. She was pushing all the drugs on me like a used car salesman, and sent me on my way with a handful of pamphlets for drugs that cost $30,000 a year. No thanks. Even though I currently have insurance that would cover it, the whole idea and drug industry disgusts me! Way to go in taking charge of your own health! Starch free all the way for me too! My back is already fused, but starch free has been a life saver, only wish I found it sooner, like 13 years ago, when the AS first really hit me.

    ReplyDelete