Tuesday, February 12, 2013

E is for Envy



This is a picture of my 2 dogs side by side. The one on the left is Doodle and the other one is Essie.  As you can see, there is a very big difference in size between my dogs. Doodle stands at 31 inches, Essie stands at 11 inches.  It kind of reminds me of myself when I was a teen. Even though I was not an overweight teen, I was a lot bigger than most of my "petite" friends and felt clumsy and awkward in my "big boned" body.   Boy, did I envy some of them. I towered above their 5'1" inch frames at 5'7". They were lucky if they reached 98 lbs, while I was at about 127. Their feet were around size five, mine where size 10. I remember trying to wear shoes a size too small just to fit in. Now that I'm a little older, I have come to realize that my size is part of what makes me "me". Every once in a while, the envy monster still surfaces but then I just remember that I like who I've become, big bones and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment