Friday, May 18, 2012

REMISSION- FINALLY!! I THINK

Since September of last year I have been trying to get my AS to go into remission. This can be a little tricky. Having dealt with this disease for over 25 years, you would think I knew everything there is to know about it. This is where the problem lies. I have been undiagnosed for 24 of those years. I would have pain for approx. three months then it would go away mysteriously and I could lead a normal life. Then "WHAM", it would be back again. I know there are "triggers" that can cause AS to flare for months and ones that can cause it to go into remission. In every person these triggers are different. As I have mentioned before, starch is a big trigger for me. Other than starch, the others have yet to identify themselves. For the last couple of weeks, I have had very little pain. Could this mean remission? Maybe. Maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment