Saturday, November 26, 2011

HOW TO KEEP YOUR SKILLET LOOKING NEW

In 23 years of marriage, I have gone through an unbelievable amount of fry pans. Each time I bought one it would stay clean looking for only a short time. It would eventually get a coating of grime (I can't think of a better word for it). You know what I'm talking about.  If you scrub hard enough to get it off, you end up weakening the non-stick coating. This is the stuff experts tell us, if ingested,  it can cause cancer (try finding something that doesn't cause cancer). Anyway, if you leave the grime, everything sticks and you look like the world's worst homemaker. Three years ago, I bought another fry pan. It was absolutely beautiful. At this time, we also decided to try cutting out a lot of the processed things in our diet. One of the things I stopped buying was cooking spray. Look at my fry pan after 3 years of hard use!! This thing gets used 2 or 3 times daily. It has a few scratches, but other than that it looks pretty good. We only use a small amount of coconut oil for frying. Don't worry about it, coconut oil is supposed to be good for you. Who ever knew!!

No comments:

Post a Comment