Friday, September 16, 2011

JAMMIN' INTHE KITCHEN- SPICED PLUM JAM- GLUTEN-FREE, STARCH-FREE



Yesterday morning was spent making spiced plum jam. I love making it but I am a very messy cook, it's part of my nature. I had jam all over my shirt, pants, and some even splattered on the tops of my feet. It took me a good 45 minutes to clean up the mess I made by making twelve small jars of jam. Time well spent after tasting the jam. Yum!

4 cups plums, washed, pitted and chopped in processor
2 c sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves

Place all ingredients in large stockpot. Bring to a boil over high heat until candy themometer reaches 210-220 degrees. Boil at least 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour into hot jam jars and seal. Process in water bath or steam canner for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment