Friday, September 16, 2011

GRAPEVINE PERGOLA



Our house is south facing and we needed some shade for the patio. I wanted something unusual to provide the shade we needed. My husband went to one of our neighboring towns for lunch and saw this same set up at a burger joint there and decided it was exactly what I was looking for. When I saw it, I fell in love with how it looked. The owner is Greek and told us that where he comes from everyone has grapevines growing over their pergolas. His pergola has been around a few more years so it has filled in a lot more (this is only our second year). Eventually, it will cover the entire pergola for lots of shade and provide us with grapes to eat and make juice out of. Just make sure you plant white or green grapes, not purple or red (very messy).

No comments:

Post a Comment